निम्नलिखित वाक्यों को पढ़िए –
- Hurrah! here is the prize.
- Alas! someone cries.
- Ah! you have betrayed me.
- Bravo! you played very well.
- Hush! here comes the prince.
- Oh! you had a narrow escape.
यहाँ Hurrah, Alas, Hark, Ah, Bravo, Hush, Oh का प्रयोग अचानक उत्पन्न हुए भावों जैसे joy (खुशी), sorrow (दुख), fear (भय), surprise (आश्चर्य), sadness (उदासी) आदि की अभिव्यक्ति के लिए किया गया है।
इन शब्दों को Interjection कहते हैं।
Interjections are used to convey emotions
1. Ahem (एहम) – The sound of someone clearing their throat and means “attention” or “listen”
Ahem…Can I point something out, here?
2. Aah (वाह)– to express joy or surprise
Aah! isn’t that wonderful?
3. Boo (बू)– Used to scare someone or to voice disapproval
Boo! You went to the park without me!
4. Eh (एह)– used to express inquiry, surprise, or to seek agreement.
Eh? What’s this?
5. Eww (छि:)– used to express disgust or distaste.
Eww, that smells horrible!
Eh? What’s this?
6. Hmm (हम्म)– thinking or hesitating or to express uncertainty
hmm, interesting idea
7. Jeez (जीज़)– used to show surprise or annoyance.
Jeez! It’s not fair!
8. Ooh-la-la (वाह) – A slightly comical way to refer to something as fancy or special
Ooh la la, look at that dress!
9. Oops (उफ़)– Used to apologize
Oops! I am sorry.
10. Phew (फ्यू)– expressing relief
Phew! The assignment is over.
11. Whoa (वोह)– used to express surprise or interest, or to command attention.
Whoa, that’s huge!
12. Yahoo (याहू) – Expresses joy or happiness
You mean we were accepted for the reality show? yahoo!
13. Yeah (हाँ) – a very strong agreement or approval
Yeah! I will do it.
14. Yoo-hoo (यू-हू) – used to get someone’s attention.
Yoo-hoo! Do I look pretty in this dress?
15. Cheerio (चीरिओ) – used to say goodbye.
It’s time for me to go. Cheerio!
16. Good grief (गुड ग्रीफ) – an exclamation of surprise or alarm.
Good grief! Why are you wearing shorts in the winter?
17. Grrr! (गर्र)– shows anger or annoyance.
Grrr! I’m going to get back at him for that.
18. Humph/ Hmph (हम्फ..) – used to express doubt or dissatisfaction.
Humph, he probably cheated to make such good grades.
19. Oh dear! (ओह डिअर!) – shows worry
Oh dear! I don’t know what to do about this mess.
20. Well Duh! / Duh! (वैल ड) – used in response to something said that is too obvious to need to be mentioned
Well, duh! I told you he was lying!
21. Yowza! (योज़ा) – used to express approval, excitement, or enthusiasm.
Yowza! That is a beautiful gown.
22. Bah! (बाह!) – Shows disappointment
Bah! That was a total waste of time.
23. Alas! (अलास) – Sadness
Alas! We lost the match.
24. All hail (स्वागत हैं) – used as a greeting or to welcome someone
All hail the new kids on the block
25. Bravo (वाहवाही) – Used to praise someone!
You won the race! Bravo!
26. Ouch (आह!) – Used to express pain
Ouch! That hurt!
Note – Interjection का वाक्य के अन्य शब्दों से कोई संबंध नहीं होता।