In this lesson for advanced learners, we are going learn the use of “Is, Am, Are+ getting+ Used To”. Whenever you want to express that you are starting to be habitual for a new habit then you will add the use of “Is, Am, Are+ getting+ Used To”.
So now we are going to practice use of “Is, Am, Are+ getting+ Used to” sentences so that we can get the use better on the tongue and make our speaking better as well. We can understand it with some examples:
- He is getting used to sleep late.
- She is getting used to dance on new songs.
- We are getting used to sit in the open.
- He is getting used toplay hockey with his friend.
- They are getting used to talk while taking lunch.
- She used to backbite about you.
- I am getting used to be busy nowadays.
- I am getting used to take coffee during the study.
- He is getting used to gossip with me.
- We are getting used to travel out of the station.
Here are some contractions for the following subjects and native speakers use these contractions while speaking and these are the combinations with different words to say someone about that you are getting used to do anything to explain someone or something, it looks very effective and impressive for an English speaker, so here is the list:
- I am _I’m
- You are _you’re
- He is _he’s
- She is _she’s
- They are _they’re
- We are -we’re
Here below some examples of using contractions in English while speaking as a native speaker, So let’s try to speak it with the help of some examples and try to speak these out, so here is the list below:
- I’m getting used to play chess.
- He’s getting used to watch bollywood movies.
- She’s getting used to play badminton in the evening.
- They’re getting used to watch a comedy show.
- We’re getting used to be happy.
- You’re getting used to talk a lot.
Now start having conversation with help of it:
Question: Are you getting used to ____________________?
Reply positively: Yes, I’m getting used to _________________.
Reply negatively: No, I’m not getting used to _____________.