In this lesson, you are going to learn a basic and important use of Is, Am, Are + Used to. So, whenever we add ‘used to’ in ‘is/am/are’ while speaking, it is used to tell about our present habits.
So now we are going to practice use of “Is, Am, Are + Used to” sentences so that we can get the use better on the tongue and make our speaking better as well. We can understand it with some examples:
- He is used to sing in a crowd.
- She is used to dance so beautifully.
- We are used to sit together.
- He is used to admire his friend.
- They are used to create chow before me.
- They are used to backbite about you.
- This is used to be a trend nowadays.
- I am used to take coffee during the study.
- He is used to share hi feeling with me.
- We are used to travel out of the station.
Here are some contractions for the following subjects and native speakers use these contractions while speaking and these are the combinations with different words to say someone about anyone or anything to explain someone or something, it looks very effective and impressive for an English speaker, so here is the list:
- I am _I’m
- You are _you’re
- He is _he’s
- She is _she’s
- They are _they’re
- We are -we’re
Here below some examples of using contractions in English while speaking as a native speaker, So let’s try to speak it with the help of some examples and try to speak these out, so here is the list below:
- I’m used to play hockey.
- He’s used to direct a movie.
- She’s used to play chess.
- They’re used to watch a comedy show.
- We’re used to be happy.
- You’re used to talk a lot.
Now start having conversation with help of it:
Question: Are you used to ____________________?
Reply positively: Yes, I’m used to _________________.
Reply negatively: No, I’m not used to _____________.