In this lesson, we are going to learn about ‘Use Of Would Like To‘. It is used to concern about the taste that someone wants or have something; wants/ desire, polite request or suggestion.
Use Of Would Like To
We can understand it with some examples:
- He would like to take coffee.
- He would like to become an engineer.
- She would like to make an art.
- She would like to participate in the marathon.
- I would like to go swimming tomorrow.
- They would like to upgrade their confidence level.
- They would like to encourage himself.
- We would like to learn to speak English.
- You would like to go shopping.
- I would like to join yeah English class.
Here are some contractions which native speakers use while speaking, so here is the list :
- I would like to- I’d like to
- You would like to- you’d like to
- He would like to- he’d like to
- She would like to- she’d like to
- They would like to- they’d like to
- We would like to- we’d like to
- Would not like to- wouldn’t like to
So let’s try to speak it with the help of some examples, so here is the list below :
- I’d like to play hockey.
- He’d like to watch the scary movie.
- She’d like to make a relationship with him.
- They’d like to jump into the pool.
- We’d like to discuss this matter.
- You’d like to get a success.
Now, start having conversation with help of it:
Question: Would you like to ____________________?
Reply positively: Yes, I would/ I’d like to _________________.
Reply negatively: No, I wouldn’t like to/ would not like to _____________.